Sunday, December 12, 2010

End of Classes

Well, Friday was the official end of classes. And it was surprisingly sad to say goodbye to a couple of my professors. My chemistry prof in particular. On Friday, he wrapped up the new material and said a good bye, thanking us for the great semester. Everybody applauded and there was even some standing ovation, and it was kind of sad to think that we'll have a new professor for general chemistry! (He's not leaving or anything, he just doesn't teach the second half of general chemistry because that's outside his specialty.)
As sad as it is to say goodbye to my writing 1 teacher and my intro psych professor as well, it is kind of nice to be moving on. I'm very, very glad I took both courses, but I'm excited to branch out a little more next semester and have more smaller, non lecture based classes.
Unfortunately with classes over, this means the finals season is upon us. This weekend was more or less the last hoorah for fun, because starting tomorrow, fun will officially have died, only to be resurrected on the 22nd when finals are over. Think of it like a college version of Easter.
I'm kidding of course, but the next week will be annoying to say the least. Especially because last night was the first snow since I've been here. The accumulation wasn't much, and the university has done a pretty good job keeping the paths cleared, but as of now (6pm, sunday), it's snowing slightly and very windy. The temperature is 17 degrees, but don't worry, the wind chill makes it feel like 0 degrees. And I'm not just estimating. That's what it says on weather.com. BLAH!
But I'm surviving so far. Everybody is all bundled up and looks like marshmallows, and there's been a couple of snowball fights, and to be honest, it is very pretty with the snow. Still, I could go for a good old Seattle winter about now. 45 degrees and drizzling doesn't sound so bad now...

But that's there not here (get it? A play on "neither here nor there"... sorry, I just think I'm too clever...). As Aoife keeps reminding me, 10 days till I'm on the plane home, and I can't wait to be back. This semester has been great, but I could go for some sleep, relaxation, and family time. I can't wait to see you all and miss you guys!
Love,
Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment