Sunday, December 5, 2010

Long Time!

Sorry for the long, LONG time since my last update. It's bizarre to think I was home just a week ago. Being home was fantastic, but it was still good to be back at WashU with all my friends. The only problem is it's going to a frantic couple of weeks till Christmas break. This past week was more or less the calm before the storm. This week I've got a chem test on Tuesday, psych test on friday, chem lab on thursday, a physics lab due on monday, as well as an essay due on monday. After next week I've got another week of calm, because we have reading week, which is designed to be a break between classes and finals, so you can study, and write your final essays. Then all I've got is 4 tests and an essay between me and Christmas break!

Other than school work, it's been a pretty good weekend. Today was spent in the library, but yesterday I slept in, and then went to skyzone (similar to skyhigh in seattle) which is basically a warehouse full of trampolines. WashU sold discounted tickets and provided buses out there. We had a good group going, with the whole place rented out. My friends and I played dodgeball almost the whole time, and it turned out to be a fun little flashback to elementary school PE.
Friday night was equally as fun. I dragged two friends to a show put on by KWUR. The band was called Monotonix, and it was one of the best live shows I've ever been to. These guys were crazy. They're an Israeli garage rock band that have been banned by most of the nightclubs in Israel, and for good reason. They don't use a stage. Instead they migrate throughout the crowd, moving the drum kit and generally going crazy. A good review of the show is here http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2010/12/monotonix_review_2010_setlist_photos_st_louis_gargoyle_december_3_heavy_cream.php and they even have a few shots with me in it!

Overal, it's been a good weekend. That being said it'll be a stressful couple of weeks till I'm back home again! I miss you guys and can't wait to be home again for Christmas!
Love,
-Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment